Madderns has a team of experienced trade mark attorneys who are dedicated purely to specialising in trade mark work.
Many of our patent attorneys also have extensive trade mark experience. Several of the members of our dedicated Trade Marks Team have previously practised as intellectual property/commercial lawyers and the Team is highly qualified to assist clients to successfully apply for and prosecute trade mark applications in Australia, and also to liaise with our extensive network of trusted overseas associates to do the same in other countries. Madderns’ trade mark service is not just about filing trade mark applications; our attorneys are also experienced, amongst other things, in opposing trade mark applications and defending oppositions as well as representing clients in trade mark cancellation proceedings. We are committed to providing an excellent level of service and dedicated to protecting our clients’ brands.
Our trade mark services include:
- Advising on the registrability of proposed trade marks
- Preparing trade mark applications including drafting statements of goods and services designed to properly protect the interests of the relevant business
- Filing trade mark applications in Australia and also overseas (including through the international “Madrid Protocol” system)
- Prosecuting trade mark applications and assisting with overcoming any objections raised during the course of examination
- Representing clients in trade mark opposition matters and trade mark cancellation proceedings
- Providing infringement advice
- Providing litigation support liaising with litigation law firms